Because Great People Don't Find Mindful Success All on Their Own
Mindful Influence Expert Mary Lee Gannon went from welfare to CEO of $26 million organizations and now helps you swap 'get-it-done' for breakthrough results and happiness.
People Ready to Take a Deep Dive for Results | Business Leaders | Career Evolution
"I've not only walked a mile in your shoes - I've broken a few heels and changed shoes dozens of times thinking change was enough. I know what it's like to think your options are limited and you just aren't capable to do the job, be happy, get the business or make the right decision. My children and I were on public assistance and I wondered if they'd ever go to college. I had a stack of self-help and business books next to my bed that were up to my pillow. I mentored under people, took classes, purchased online programs. I worked hard, advanced to the C-Suite running organizations worth up to $26 million, created successful businesses, became a turnaround agent but noticed I was stressed, detached and had little time or intimacy for the things that mattered most to me. Then I studied and integrated mindful practice into my life and instead of chasing down change, meaningful answers came flooding my way. It's so much easier and happier this way.
My mission is to couple mindful practice and business savvy for you, as I did for me, so that you can switch off autopilot, transform the get-it-done mantra to realize the right business, career and connection decisions that are now unclear and have cost you time, money and peace. This place is where a steady flow of purpose, profit and passion harmonizes into fulfillment in work and love. That's where life happens."
~ Mary Lee Gannon
If you're not sure where you'll be in a year, you're already there.
~ Mary Lee Gannon, ACC, CAE
Mary Lee on Your Mindful Leadership Impact
"Leadership influence starts from the inside out. No expensive suit, pair of shoes or high end pen is going to make up for a lack of dignity, listening skills, grace, strategic ability, empathy and refinement. No expensive handbag or accessory will substitute for integrity, charity, patience, humility, positivity and character. I begin by working with you as you are right now - your self-awareness and self-management, your effectiveness and personal alignment with your business or organization's mission, values, and goals. I focus on improving interpersonal relationships and connection. Finally, I design a custom program for you to achieve measurable results. Life isn’t a dress rehearsal. Every day is opening night for your company and your career.
"A report in the Harvard Business Review May 2014 issue revealed that 80% of leaders do not have a strong individual purpose. Knowing that only 30% of the U.S. workforce is engaged in their work, according to the latest Gallup’s State of the American Workplace report, how can you engage, retain and grow an effective business or workforce when you aren't even sure why you are doing it? The mindful impact of your influence is the single most important developmental task you will undertake as a leader. Your purpose and how you influence is your brand, what drives you, what you're known for. It's not what you do, it's how you do it and why. It's your signature - the strengths and passions you bring to the table no matter where you are seated. It is your identity - the essence of who you are. It is what is uniquely you and others miss when you are not there. I help you mindfully position yourself to enthuse a movement so that you achieve mindful transformational success." ~ Mary Lee Gannon
How do you know if you are a good client for a leadership influence program with Mary Lee?
· You are good at many things but lack of confidence and mindful strategy impede your effectiveness. You've spent time, energy and money trying different ways to improve yet you still don't stand out.
· Your see yourself in the same place in a year as you are right now. Doubt and lack of strategy hold you back from your mindful impact for a sustainable transformation. You want to trust the process but why should you? Nothing has worked.
· You are not willing to live on the 'get more' treadmill any longer only to face the letdown of unmet expectations. You want to build self-awareness so that you have can turn off the fear spigot that keeps spewing our more-of-the-same and open the window to innovation, acceptance, success and healthy connection.
· Your industry is changing and you see cutbacks as the only solution. There may be another way yet strategic positioning is stagnant. Employees are frustrated and overwhelmed. Innovation is stifled by stress, lack of mindful time management and poor communication, conflict resolution skills, productivity and engagement.
· You have good employees but lack the productivity, engagement or culture to champion transformation. The company's mission and vision are not palpable. You sense negative energy generating disengagement, bureaucracy, personal agendas, interdepartmental disconnect, lack of accountability, defensive and guarded communication, and posturing.
· Your new managers or emerging leaders are very good at their specific specialty but are learning that their employees don't share their perspective. You end up doing their work. These leaders need help to develop a mindful leadership influence and strong management skills.
· You have the money for what has already cost you time, money, sales, productivity, engagement, business, happiness, love. And you recognize that a transformational shift takes more than the band aid of a one dimensional coach or program.
Mary Lee Gannon, ACC, CAE's mission is to wake you up from autopilot so that you can transform the world with your Mindful Influence instead of just flying around it.
Position yourself to hear the right message, sharpen character, convert doubt, achieve alignment of mission-vision-values, manage interpersonal conflict, exceed routine with innovative collaboration, and breakthrough to executive presence and mindful transformation. Enthuse a movement with your Mindful Leadership Influence.
Twelve Mindful Ways to Influence People to Pick You
1. Build self-awareness so as to distinguish your unique presence as an industry expert. Confidence!
2. Focus on people not process. Connect!
3. Communicate a clear line of sight and accountability in the midst of challenge. Vision!
4. Test courage not fear disguised as patience. Character!
5. Focus on long term outcomes but respect the present. Notice!
6. Maximize potential not adhere to standards. Opportunity!
7. Transform – don’t transact. Big Picture!
8. Grow and educate – not indoctrinate and maintain. Influence!
9. Catalyze innovation by performance not efficiency and compliance. Measure!
10. Focus on solutions not problems and head trash. Positivity!
11. Expand influence and break through unknowns. Innovate!
12. Yes there are others who "do" what you do. Identify the one thing that resonates with you that only you can deliver in a transformational way because of who you are. It aligns your values, strengths, character and vision. (I help you nail that one first so that other things start falling into place. You develop all of these so that there is no doubt as to where you are meant to serve the world and can start enjoying the freedom of happiness.)
8 Tips to
DISCOVER Mindful Influence
D – Decide to Change. Talk about what you are changing. Write it down. Be self-aware without judgment. Keep a gratitude journal.
I – Investigate Yourself. What have you forgotten about your strengths? What do you observe in silence? What do you value? What do you love?
S – Sit on Your Ego. Say nothing. Listen only. Forgive. Be kind to the unkind. They need it most.
C – Confront Doubt. What fear is running your life? Welcome in limiting beliefs to desensitize to them.
O – Out Your Anxiety. Anxiety if practicing failure in advance. It is outside of you. Who are you without that thought?
V – Visualize Your Success. In one year what will have happened for this to have been a great year? Pick an image, memory, saying that motivates you.
E – Execute Affirmations. Write, recite and live “I am” statements: “I am a revered leader.” “I am healthy.” “I am grateful.” “I am compassionate.” Say them out loud every night before you go to sleep.
R – Realize the Moment. Get off the treadmill. Wake up from autopilot. Lean in to vulnerability. Accept what is without judgment. Celebrate the magic of now. Haven't you lived in limbo long enough? Start working with Mary Lee now!